How to Use Tretinoin Cream
It is desirable that the treatment tretinoin has been appointed by a dermatologist. To get the best results from the use of tretinoin, it is necessary to use it properly. We recommend that you read this manual, do exactly as set out recommendations and prescription of your dermatologist.
Optimal concentration of tretinoin
The greater the concentration of tretinoin, the greater its effect, but also the risk of irritation and side effects increase. The most optimal variant is considered to be a gradual increase in the dosage of the drug.
0.025% - is the lowest concentration tretionin of all. It is recommended to be used for very sensitive, delicate, thin, overdried skin.
0.05% - the most common concentration tretionin. It is recommended to use for oily, thick skin is not prone to allergies.
0.1% - the maximum concentration of the drug is released only in the form of gel microspheres, which reduces the severity of side effects. High-concentration, is used to treat advanced cases of acne.
By following the recommendations on the application you will be able to minimize irritation of the skin during the adaptation period. For example, you can start with a concentration of 0.025% (or 0.05%, depending on skin condition), and gradually during the course of transition to a higher concentration, applying it more often, starting with a few times a week.
In our online store the largest range of tretinoin. Here you can buy tretinoin 0.025% or Retin-A in various forms of release and concentrations at the best price. Now buy tretinoin is quite simple.
How long does it normally take to see results from tretinoin?
The first 1-2 weeks of the adaptation process of the skin is observed - a visible deterioration, irritation, redness, flaking.
Noticeable improvement and therapeutic effect is usually noticeable already at 3-4 weeks of application.
Further clinical changes occur gradually on the rise.
Resistant pronounced effect is usually achieved within 8 - 10 weeks after the start of the course.
By this time in the dermis of the skin matrix are found positive irreversible changes, restoring the normal operation of the skin.
How to Apply Tretinoin?
- Desirable to store the drug in the refrigerator.
- Wash your hands before and after applying tretinoin.
- Apply only one time per day at night before going to bed (IMPORTANT: in the light of the drug loses most of its beneficial properties, retinol degraded by light).
- Before applying you need to wash the softest, children's pharmacy means, without fragrances and effects. Set aside your usual cleanser aside for the time course of tretinoin - they are strongly desiccate the skin!
- After washing, blot the face with a towel, then it is important to wait at least 20 minutes until the moisture evaporates from the skin, and the skin time to recover its barrier protective fat - it's very cool will reduce the risk of side effects. After 20 minutes, can be applied tretinoin and goes to bed. (IMPORTANT: The water prevents the penetration of tretinoin into the skin when applied to freshly washed by the person - the effect of the means of greatly reduced).
- The preparation can be applied both on the entire face or locally - on the areas requiring treatment.
- To avoid side effects, it is recommended not to use over a tretinoin cream another and thereby mix different chemicals in skin preparations, as tretinoin itself very powerful and has a total effect on the skin.
- It is necessary to apply a small amount (pea) cream - extra amount of cream will not add to the effect, and increase the likelihood of side reactions. More - not better. It is important to the regularity and duration of use.
- The cream is rubbed lightly. At the same time it should immediately become invisible, or at least hardly noticeable. If the notes peeling cream after drying, or it is too visible on the skin, it is an indication that the dosage is exceeded!
- It can be applied to the face, neck, décolletage, hands, etc. Avoid contact with mucous membranes, the skin around the nostrils, in the corners of the lips. Simply can not be applied to the skin of the lips and around the eyes!
- Wash your face in the morning after waking up soft and not necessarily the drying means applying nourishing cream for face protection from the sun.
- If the skin is severely dry, then during the day you need to moisturize the skin neutral nourishing cream and a spray with thermal water.
6 Tips for Using Cream
- It is important to know! Tretinoin - means of prolonged use. You need to tune into a disciplined work on your skin. Use this medication prescribed number of days, even if you think it does not work.
- Tool operates slowly, and can take up to 6-8 weeks before you see the improvement. Tune in to the patient work of their skin. Thousands of people around the world tretinoin helped solve the problem of acne, and so will you. Be patient.
- The first few weeks of the drug may be some deterioration or exacerbation of acne and pimples. Continue to use - this is a normal reaction of the skin, must be endured.
- A full course of tretinoin is designed for 12 weeks. In order to gradually accustom the skin to the drug, it is recommended to use the following scheme:
- First week: in one day
- Second week: two days to apply - one day holiday - we put two days - one - day holiday
- Third week: every day
- The fourth week: every day
- Fifth week - every day (every other day can gradually introduce higher concentration)
- Sixth week - every day (if the skin has reacted well, you can completely move to a higher concentration), etc.
- Notable therapeutic effect is noticeable already at 3-4 weeks of use. After 10-12 weeks, you will not know yourself, and the effect will stay with you for a long time.
- The stimulatory effect of tretinoin to the skin can be stored up to six months after you stop using the drug. Regular courses of application of tretinoin is very beneficial effect on the health of the skin and prevents it from wilting.